Oil & Gas
Prairie Insurance has specialized in the Oil & Gas insurance sector. Whether you are involved in General Servicing Operations, Oilfield Trucking or Non-Trucking operations, we can design a product for you. Below are some examples of eligible business operations. Please contact us for a commercial quote.
Eligible General Servicing Operations
- anchoring services
- boiler operations
- cleaning outside surfaces
- corrosion prevention – testing, installation and maintenance
- fishing operations
- heavy duty mechanics/millwrights
- hot oiler trucks
- hydro-vac and vacuum trucks
- mobile oilfield mechanics
- oil and gas well production testing
- oilfield underground location/marking services
- pressure trucks
- pump jack, battery and well site equipment repairs or replacement services
- spill clean-up services (petroleum products)
- steam trucks
- well logging operations and wireline (open hole) logging operations
Eligible Trucking Operations
- chemical and petroleum products – benzene, condensate, drilling fluids/mud, gasoline, propane, etc
- crude oil/production water
- drilling rigs/derrick transport (including rigging up and down)
- oilfield equipment/machinery and supplies
- potable fresh water
Note: Oilfield trucking operations must not haul radioisotopes/radioactive materials.
Eligible Non-Trucking Operations
- battery operations or gas processing/compressor plant
- consulting – drilling, safety, environmental, well location, lease site or project economics
- facility, gate or night attendant
- field landman
- instrument and control technician
- lease site construction/maintenance including fencing
- quality control inspector
- well pumper
- wellsite supervisor
- wellsite maintenance
Prairie Insurance has access to specially designed programs of insurance for churches and institutions. Churches will have special artifacts, organs, stained glass windows, and institutional equipment. Liability coverage for directors and officers and special church events are also required that are different than other institutions. It is important to get a policy specifically tailored to a church’s needs.
A relatively new form of liability coverage is now available to churches. Coverage for counseling services, sexual abuse and sexual harassment is available to protect the church from real or perceived instances of impropriety.
Prairie Insurance offers insurance coverage for people involved in the construction industry. Special liability coverage is necessary when you are working on someone else’s property and working with moveable equipment and expensive tools. Both sub-contractors and general contractors are eligible to obtain the specific coverage necessary for their business.
Broad coverage is available for:
- Builders Risk
- Comprehensive Business Liability
- Contract Bonding
- Tools and Equipment
- Rented Equipment
There are also special packages available for contractors which combine many of these coverages.
Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance can be purchased separately or as part of a business-owner’s policy (BOP). A BOP bundles property and liability insurance into one policy. The amount of coverage a business needs depends on a couple of factors:
Business owners should first consider the amount of risk associated with their business. Different businesses have different risks: For example, a business that manufactures heavy machinery is at a greater risk of being sued than a company that manufactures linens, and would therefore need more liability insurance.
Province of Operation
Businesses that operate in provinces with a history of awarding high damage amounts to plaintiffs typically need to carry liability insurance with higher coverage limits. An insurance broker can offer guidance in this area.
Insuring your office means far more than just having replacement cost coverage for the desks and computers. Before you suffer a loss, you want to ensure you are covered for:
- New signage
- Valuable papers
- Software, hardware and mechanical or electronic erasure
- Extra costs to temporarily relocate
- Extra costs to resume business (things like setting up your computer system!)
- Employee wages
- Loss of business income
- Loss of money and securities
- Comprehensive liability and tenant’s legal liability
- Replacement cost coverage on buildings, contents and improvements
Several companies will provide business insurance packages that will combine many of these coverages together and provide a special rate.
This program provides protection against lawsuits for individuals, organizations or companies who hold single/ multi-day functions with or without alcohol service.
This is the policy to use if:
- Your event does not include service of alcohol; (However, liquor extensions are available)
- You are looking for coverage outside the hours listed on your liquor permit;
- You are seeking coverage for a higher risk event such as sporting event.
We offer limits of liability from $1,000,000.00 to $5,000,000.00 with deductibles from $1,000.00.
Coverage included: Commercial General Liability, Bodily Injury/ Property Damage, Premises/ Operations, Medical Payments, Employees/Volunteers as additional insured, Cross Liability, Personal Injury, Contingent E.I. Tenant’s Legal Liability, Non-Owned Auto.
Optional Coverage: Host Liquor Liability.