At least a few times a month, there is someone looking to reach SGI Auto Fund about a claim they wish to report. There is the option to Google the contact information, however it might just be easier if we give you this information so that you have it in the event its needed.
SGI Claims Center
There are two primary ways a person can reach SGI Auto in the event of a claim. One method is to place a phone call to their toll free number, and the other is to visit the website and complete a form online to be submitted.
Toll Free: 1-844-855-2744 (day time); 1-800-647-6448 (after hours)
When you call in an auto claim, make sure and have the following information available for the adjuster:
- Police file number (in the event of injuries or fatalities, or if the claim is arising as a result from a criminal event)
- The names of both parties involved in the claim as they appear on the registration documents to establish ownership of autos involved
- License plate numbers for all involved along with the jurisdiction
- Names of the drivers of the vehicles
- Policy information if there is extended Autopak coverage purchased
- Insurance company name
- Date/time of loss
It is important to be as detailed as possible with communicating the events surrounding the claim, and always ensure that you are providing an accurate account of the situation.
Finally, when reporting the claim to SGI, be sure to call your broker if you have any questions about the process, and if you need to get any further policy information from them such as a policy number or deductible amounts. Your broker can also forward a PDF copy of your policy to your phone if you so choose at no charge.
From all of us at SGI and Prairie Insurance, take care out there!